This has to be my favorite recipe!!! If you can even call it a recipe, it’s just so easy and takes no time at all to prepare.
The really beautiful thing is that you can mix things up whatever way you want it! Add different herbs & spices, use other veggies, … It’s also great for using up leftovers of veg lying around in your fridge.
Here’s the version I made:
-remember, this is just an example of this recipe… You can add or leave away any veggies and herbs you want-
- 1/2 bulb of fennel
- 1 sweet potato
- 5-6 leftover asparagus
- 2 carrots
- 5-8 mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, crushed
- few sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250° C
- Wash and peel all the veggies
- Cut them into rough pieces but be smart about it. By this I mean do so that all of your veggies will be cooked at the same time.
- Place your veggies in a large roasting tray and cover them with the coriander seeds, rosemary, thyme, pepper and salt. Squash the garlic clove with your hand and also add it to the tray
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, add a good lug of balsamic vinegar and mix it up to get everything coated
- Place in your oven for about 40 minutes or until everything is cooked through, but have a look and toss around your veggies every now and then
- Serve this with some chicken, steak, lamb, … Everything will taste great with this!
Some extra tips:
- Don’t overcrowd your tray! This will stop your veggies from roasting and they’ll start steaming because they’re not getting enough heat. If this is the case, divide your veggies over 2 trays
- Wash your rosemary and thyme under HOT water to get them going before you add them to the tray
- I always make to much of this. Have the leftovers the next morning with some eggs, delicious!