Allright, time for some new recipes! This is one I tried the other day because I was really hungry, didn’t feel like going to a big supermarket (because it’s a long walk and there was a small one just around the corner) and was craving for some mango! So I went to the small supermarket and bought everything, started cooking and the rice salad turned out to be really, really, REALLY good!!! Try this one!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 packet (6 or 7) of baby corn, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 chili, deseeded and finely sliced
- 150 gr basmati rice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- sunflower or peanut oil
- Boil the rice, then drain it and rinse it with cold water
- In a large, high edged pan or pot; heat up some oil and fry the chicken
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add the carrot, baby corn, chili and garlic. Fry this for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally, so the vegetables can soften a little bit.
- Add the rice and let it warm up a little bit, not too much!
- Take the pan off the heat, then add the mango, avocado, sugar, coriander,sesame oil and soy sauce. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon
- Mix everything and serve!