Enjoy this lovely salad with a nice piece of fish or meat. For the vegetarians, add some nicely toasted cashew or pistachio nuts to this salad, it will be amazing!
- Carrots (roughly 200 – 300 grams per person)
- (optional) 1-2 handfuls of some kind of salad leaf
- (optional) roasted sesame seeds
for the dressing:
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1,5 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (or to taste)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- splash of milk (or water will do just fine)
- (optional) chilli to taste
- (optional) 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Heat up a small casserole or pan with some olive oil to make your dressing in
- When the oil is hot, sweat of the chilies and the garlic for 4-5 minutes (if you choose to add them). Make sure they do not color!
- Add all the other ingredients to the pan except for the milk
- Warm the dressing through and get it to the right consistency by adding just enough milk. I prefer this dressing a little bit thicker so it sticks nicely to every bit of carrot and salad leaf
- Take the ends of your carrots and peel them. Create long slivers of carrot by using your speed peeler
- Put the slivers of carrot in a large mixing bowl together with the optional salad leaves and add the dressing
- Mix everything together by using your hands, making sure everything is nicely covered in this super awesome dressing!
- Move the salad on a plate and sprinkle over some toasted sesame seeds